Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The ACTUAL issue is that you've not installed a driver compatible with the button's own driver. So your WiFi drivers are not compatible with HP's own button driver. However it's possible HP just has two incompatible drivers on the page.

HP Recommended

what can i do ?:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

What are the results of the wifi adapter test?

Have you checked in the Device Manager to see if the wifi adapter is enabled?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi alaaatef,

I have Probook  4540s. It was preinstalled with Windows 8 and I have upgraded to Windows 10 installed. I believe what  you need is HP Wireless Button Driver. I have 1.1.2.1 installed on Windows 10 and hopefully they have the same for Windows 7.

I notice you have HP Support Assistant installed, try download from Updates and Tune up (via LAN).

Hope this help. 

HP Recommended

I'm with you on this.

HP Recommended

may you give me the link for HP Wireless Button Driver -windows 7 64 bit 

and i checked by HP Support Assistant for update i did not find any updata

1.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't find a link for Windows 7. May be there's isnt one for Windows 7. I can't guarantee the Windows 8 driver working in Windows 7.

But like erico said, you need to check out bluetooh / wlan profile.

Try download the HP Connection Manager and enable WLAN from there. If it still does not work, Download the HP Power Assisnt and check out the WLAN/Bluetooth profile.

Hope this help.

HP Recommended

HP Connection Manager before  press the button

2.PNG

after press the button

4.PNG

but it does not work

HP Recommended

Perhaps by now you are understanding why I suggested that you test the module with the PC hardware Diagnostics.

If your wifi adapter is no longer working there isn't anything you can do but replace it.  Even having the correct driver installed won't fix a dead wifi adapter.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

i make two test network test do not pass

and wireless model  it pass

12017567_1137197652980974_2922179331635241734_o.jpg

10271272_1137197949647611_3226644583776554229_o.jpg

12371235_1137197509647655_4341423251386466402_o.jpg

network test

12747884_1137197822980957_6591085721197353436_o.jpg

12697276_1137197559647650_5714477120322983892_o.jpg

sorry for being late

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.