cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
fordlyfe
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp simplepass

HP Recommended

I cannot seem to get the simplepass to stop popping up before i even set up an password andit will not allow me to go any further. I do use the simplepass so i do not want to uninstall it  any suggestions

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,687 830 1,560
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fordlyfe

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that the HP Simplepass pops up on the screen and does not allow you to work on it. Not even setup a password for Simplepass. I'd like to assist you with this case.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Is it the first time setup or was it working fine before?

Meanwhile, I did some research and found that when attempting to open HP SimplePass, it briefly flashes on the screen and cannot be installed. This happens because a fingerprint has already been set up using the Windows Sign-in options. Remove the fingerprint and then you can set up HP SimplePass. Please try the below steps:

• Click the Settings charm, click Change PC Settings, and then click Accounts.

Opening the Accounts page in Settings

• In the left navigation pane, select Sign-in options.

Sign-in options

• Under Fingerprint, click Remove, and then close Accounts.

Removing a fingerprint from Windows

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let em know. All the best! 🙂

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation