Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have update to Windows 10 for my HP ENVY DV6 Notebook, but my camara HP Truevision HD is not working.  I am looking for its driver buy I can find them.  Can you help me please.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @mvilla,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

Learn How to Post and More.

Please remember when posting to provide your exact model of HP notebook. Envy DV6 is the series which has many models. 

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you have upgraded to Windows 10 and your Webcam is not working.  

Here is a link to the  HP Support Assistant  that will assist you with acquiring drivers.

Here are two links that could also help.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing a Webcam Using YouCam (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎.

If you would like further assistance, please provide the results from the troubleshooting and your exact model of HP notebook.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts,  please click the   Thumbs Up icon   below.  

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Having the same issue on HP HP Pavilion x360 Convertible  L5P20AV Running Win 10 64.

Webcam is dead.  Well not dead, but the Device Manager sees it and runs Windows Generic USB usbvideo.sys driver.  When App or software launches, the light comes on (hardware is accessing) but immediately goes on/off with loop of camera/no-camera.  

This is NOT working.

Try to open Windows Camera- and I can watch device manager freak out and flash camera, no-camera, camera, no-camera... over and over.  If I disable the device, then the app stops sending looping error messages and says no-camera.  (yeah I know I disabled it, but the loop tells me this is a DRIVER specific issue.)

I uninstalled the device, allowed Windows to detect, still installs basic driver.

PAID FOR YOUCAM 7!  Since that is supposed to be Windows 10 compliant.  The software does not update or change the driver.  The YouCam software does the same looping of camera not found, camera found... again I can watch in the background the device manager looping and freaking out.  Only way to stop the loop is task manager kill the software.

I need to find a CURRENT working DRIVER for HP TRUEVISION HD WEBCAM 

FYI- if you download paid YouCam and update patch for Win 10 compliant issues... still does not help.  If you try to update driver and specifically select the YouCam 7 Drivers folder, you get an error that the driver is NOT supported on 64 systems.  YouCam has no advice for help, suggested refund on software.  😕

I have visited every thread on this board, visited every Microsoft thread, talked to YouCam, AND to HP, I was told to send in my laptop for service after factory reset 4 times via techs didnt work.  I don't want to send in my laptop, this is a driver issue, that is abundantly clear.  

Where can I find a driver- not software- just the driver?????

Thank you.  

HP Recommended

Hi @cgeorge1029,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works  please review this link. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my HP Envy 15, product number E7Z44UA#ABL.  I have upgraded to Windows 10 and my HP Truevision webcam does not work.  I have YouCam, but do not want to purchase after 30 day trial.  Is there a patch or fix?

HP Recommended

@TerryPed

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.