cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cwbjcr Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hpqtra08.exe - What's this?

The warranty on my CQ60-419WM has expired so the problems are  beginning to develop.

In order for me to get on the Internet or use a word processor I have to shut down HPQTRA08.EXE or it drives the CPU into 100% usage.

I would like to know what I'm shutting down when I do this, but HP doesn't seem to want to give out information that customers need (nothing like getting information from Dell).

If anyone can tell me what this program does that would be great.

It would also be nice to know if this is a "warranty related" issue, or is it just a coincidence that it gives problems just after the warranty expired?

Thanks

cwbjcr

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
345 341 16 47
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hpqtra08.exe - What's this?

I think its related to your HP printer.. See if its on your startup programs. Click start> type msconfig> go to start up tab, look for the hpqtra08.exe then uncheck it. Apply then OK.

Its directory is here C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe. See if you can uninstall it then reinstall your printer driver.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation