cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cooperator
Level 5
516 358 0 5
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

'http://www.lightscribe.com/' is a discontinued website?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Whenver I have open this http://www.lightscribe.com/, which is controling my LightScribe System Software prvided by HP

I found this error:

Not Found

HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 17,221 901 2,545
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @cooperator 

I'd be happy to do all I can to help with your lightscribe.

Please note: Beginning May 2011 and throughout the year, HP will be phasing out HP LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling technology. HP will gradually transition products to comparable optical disc drives without LightScribe technology. While this transition may affect other HP products, this document is specific to HP notebooks.- Source

This might be helpful too; Creating disc labels with LightScribe

NOTE:Hewlett-Packard's LightScribe website is no longer active. LightScribe software and disc utilities may be found on a number of public websites. Search the Internet for LightScribe to find these pages.

^ This blurb and much more information can be found in the following document; Creating Disc Labels with LightScribe

I hope this helps.

mostache.JPG  - In support of Movember

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Tags (1)
cooperator
Author
Level 5
516 358 0 5
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot,

First: But does this mean that I wont be finding  LSSS(LightScribe System Software) listed under the software on my ow n HP page for my product name/number. I really have the odl version of LSSS as  compressed file 'tar file', and I have LSSS currently installed on my Windows 7 64Bit. However, if I need the earlier versioins, how can I be downloading them?

Second: I know that the ZumoDrive software, which is a cloud-based storage, discontinued its service entirly. Also, HP Simple Pass software discontinued to be controled by HP.

Finally:What will I be doing with my HP software(HP simplePass, Lightscribe System Software, and ZumDrive),  stopped being controled over by HP,  and  I have been using,  if I want to update them?

0 Kudos
MGKimmel
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HEY! I gave a ThumbsUp because your response was very helpful.

Why am I telling you this?

Because I also wanted to comment that I'm really displeased and dissatisfied with the fact that HP opted to discontinue LightScribe. I loved it, used it VERY frequently, and still try to - when I can find reasonably priced lightscribe disks. That may not matter now, though, as my two optical drives have decided to crap out on me at the same time. (It's not like I don't hate this computer enough already...)

Regardless, thanks for the informative response.

Mike

0 Kudos
Lester4
1 1 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is a new website. Check here to see if they have what you are looking for:

https://lightscribesoftware.org/

cooperator
Author
Level 5
516 358 0 5
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lester4 wrote:

There is a new website. Check here to see if they have what you are looking for:

https://lightscribesoftware.org/

Well done Mr/Ms. Lester4,
Since 2013, the LightScribe community had been left stranded with no access to any authoritative LightScribe support and little access to the Free LightScribe Software and LightScribe Utilities previously available…

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation