cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
christlawyer
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

i am having trouble recovering my pc

HP Recommended

I have windows 8.1 1on my pc  but lost my  startup disks.  i have a burned cd rom of  windows x p red but when i try to recover  the system with it i get  message that i  my hard drive might be corrupt and i cant get  it to  take on  my system

1 REPLY 1
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,086 9,824 813 3,944
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Windows XP and Windows 8.1 - nothing between them is compatible, so if you had 8.1, XP things will not work, I am afraid.

Please, elaborate:

- what kind of issues you have or had which make you want to reinstall Windows (perform a recovery) ?

- if you did try with the XP disc and got a HDD message from it or BSOD screen, I suspect the message was related to completely different thing but still, can you try to test the HDD ?  Esc/F2 method as described here > http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

- what is your HP computer model and product number ? Here are instructions how to find them > http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - volunteer since 2013
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation