cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
queenie050
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

i have an hp dv9000 laptop.i have only wired internet/no wireless??

HP Recommended

After the laptop started  acting strange and freezing up I blamed some of the programs and  did several system restores  which only worked for a couple of a days at a time. Then I got the great idea to do the recovery thing..big mistake because I know only have internet if it is plugged into an ethernet cord, no wireless and can not even find that there is a wireless card or adapter present. I know it didn't disappear but it isn't looking good! I need help!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Big_Dave
Level 15
28,006 27,535 1,810 5,049
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

There is a switch in front along the left edge on some models.  Be sure that it is lighted blue and not amber.

What is the exact part number for your DV9000. It's on the bottom on the HP sticker.

If you go into Device Manager and look under Network Adapters you might see a wireless adapter.  My DV9000t shows an Intel wireless adapter but yours might be different.

Your laptop might have a virus.  Do you have a set of the HP recovery disks?

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
jcksnghst
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My wireless was working last week. Now it's not. 😞 I have a dv9428nr. Do you think it could be the card? If so, should i replace it with one i can find online? You mention a virus may be at work, i always keep an interner condom on my comps. I have seen many people having this problem while researching this. Any help would be excellent. ty

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation