Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when trying to login to my hp 15 laptop it sometimes take 2-3 days before it accepts my password. i have restarted it, i have sometimes removed the battery and was able to login and sometimes not. this time it has taken 4 days of repeatedly entering my password to gain access into my laptop.

is this a glitch with this laptop, or windows 10.

hate to log off or shut down because of this problem.

any info would help 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @cissie5

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing difficulty in logging in on your notebook. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own. 

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer. 

Are you using a local account or connected account on your computer?

When you are trying to log in on your computer, is the computer connected to the internet? On the bottom right side of the login screen, you will have the network symbol for your click and check. 

If the computer is connected to the internet, disconnect it and try to log in and if it not connected to the internet, connect to the internet and then try to log in. 

Once you have logged in, clear a PIN on the computer, if the password does work, you can login using a PIN as a workaround. Click here to know more. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance in resetting the password on Windows 10 computer. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.