cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tashauna Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i turned my laptop on it said boot device not found install an operating system on your hard disk

Well i dont really know what to do my notebook model is:UP 2000 notebook pc. Product number is: D1E81UA#ABA. Serial number is: 5cg3021g1f system board ID: 188B. Product configuration is: 0887120003305910000620100. System board FT number is: pcuzl00wd3v9xp. BIOSVersion: F.22. Processor type: and e2-1800 you with recent (tm) HE graphics. Primary battery SN: [edited Serial Number] 11/28/2012. Wlan fcc id: PPD-AR5B125. So what should i do??

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
41,441 38,140 3,337 13,996
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i turned my laptop on it said boot device not found install an operating system on your hard disk

Sounds like the hard drive has failed and will need to be replaced.You might try reseating it first to be sure it is plugged in securely.
If you are still in warranty HP will send a replacement. If not a retail laptop SATA hard drive can be used. Just be sure to get one of at least equal capacity as the original in order to use Recovery Discs. It can be larger, but not smaller capacity.For instance you have a 500GB hdd  now so you could use a 750GB hdd but not a 320GB hdd.

Maintenance & Service Guide here will aid in reseating or replacing the hdd:

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation