Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sunnyhill Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

iTunes does not connect to iPhone or iPad on HP Spectre x360

HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when I connect any Apple device via USB, iPhone 5 or 6, iPad, it lets me access the interneal storage but in iTune it does not show up / is not recognized.

The same devices on an older Laptop with Windows 7 work flawlessly.

No change by trying all available USB ports or different cables.

On Device Manager under "Universial Serial Bus controller" no Apple related entry can be found

Re-installing all Apple related software did not help

Both Windows 10 and iTunes have the latest version

Resetting "Lockdown Folder" did not help

Re-starting PC and Apple device did not help

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 11181 436 813
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sunnyhill wrote:

when I connect any Apple device via USB, iPhone 5 or 6, iPad, it lets me access the interneal storage but in iTune it does not show up / is not recognized.

The same devices on an older Laptop with Windows 7 work flawlessly.

No change by trying all available USB ports or different cables.

On Device Manager under "Universial Serial Bus controller" no Apple related entry can be found

Re-installing all Apple related software did not help

Both Windows 10 and iTunes have the latest version

Resetting "Lockdown Folder" did not help

Re-starting PC and Apple device did not help

Did you contact Apple support about their iTunes not connecting? iTunes is a Apple product not a HP product.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
dtmg Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem. And, no it's not an Apple issue. My Dell recognizes iPhone, and I've just conneceted to a friend's Dell. It downloaded the driver and then recognized the phone in iTunes. I've deleted the bloatware "Phone Companion" app, thinkng that was causing the problem but still not solved. 

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 11181 436 813
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dtmg wrote:

Same problem. And, no it's not an Apple issue. My Dell recognizes iPhone, and I've just conneceted to a friend's Dell. It downloaded the driver and then recognized the phone in iTunes. I've deleted the bloatware "Phone Companion" app, thinkng that was causing the problem but still not solved. 

Dell is not a HP so your issue is not the same issue.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
dtmg Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Of course I have an HP Spectre 360--why else would I be on this forum? And it's that two-week old machine that wasn't recognizing my iPhone. The good news is--for people who are looking for a solution rather than looking to "correct" other people--I have solved the problem. In control panel/programs/delete iTunes AND 4 other programs beginning with "Apple." Download iTunes, sign-in to your account, trust computer, etc. You should be good to go. It worked for me.
Matterhorn51 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Finally went to Apple on-line help. They were very helpful, though it still took them some time to figure it out.

Solution was rather easy:

Go to "Device Manager" under "Universial Serial Bus controllers" you most likely will not find "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" eventhough you have plugged in your iPhone or iPad.

Under "Portable Devices" you will see "iPhone" or "iPad" depending on what is plugged in.

Right click and chose "update driver software"

then "Browse my Computer..."

put in below location

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

then you should see the proper file and do the installation.

One has to repeat this for each type of device, i.e. iPhone, iPad, etc.

When one connects the device to a different USB outlet, it then will automatically install.

Good luck

kalamona Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

your solution perfectly worked for me..thanq

kalamona Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sorry your solution did not work for me as i could not fine apple driver location in the path you mentioned

0 Kudos
bertros Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey kalamona did you look in the "Program Files" folder as well as the "Program Files (x86)"? I found it in the "Program Files" folder.

Rainer999 Top Student
Top Student
4 4 0 1
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found my iphone in Device Manager under "Portable Devices" where it said Apple iPhone... updated the driver there and it worked for me.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation