cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
16 11 1 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

impossible install new intel graphics driver

HP Recommended

hi,
i own a hp pavillion dv7-6c90el, the last week has been released an update of intel graphic driver (Version 9.17.10.2817), i found it on http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&destPage=siteHome&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4132&pro...  and also hp support assistant notify me the update but, when i try to install it, there is an error message that says "your pc not own minimum requirements to install it" (or a very similar message, i traduced it from italian) but it is not possible. I suppose that the reason is that amd drivers are an old version (V. 9.0.0.0) and i have to wait that also amd graphic driver will be updated to update intel graphic drivers. am i right?thanks for support

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
122,074 112,254 18,014 27,495
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ciao:

The product specs for your notebook indicate is has the AMD/Intel switchable graphics setup.

The only driver you can use for that configuration is the AMD graphics driver from your notebook's support and driver page.

That is a specially developed driver that contains both drivers for the AMD and Intel graphics display adapters in your notebook.

Periodically, you may receive a notification that there is a newer Intel driver available.

You should ignore any Intel graphics driver updates you get.

If you try to install one and it happens to install, then your switchable graphics will no longer function.

So, ignore, hide, or whatever to any video driver updates you receive.

This is the most current driver for your notebook that will work.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-105178-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
16 11 1 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for yout answer paul,
i forgot to tell that i have windows 8 64bit on my notebook,so hp made new amd graphic drivers and also intel graphic drivers,the drivers that i can't to install are on my notebook's support and driver page (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&destPage=siteHome&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4132&pro...), it is the sp58864 update, so i suppose that my notebook can support it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
122,074 112,254 18,014 27,495
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It appears the W8 driver for the switchable graphics is this one:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-112999-1&cc=us&destPage=sit...=

If that one works and is the one you installed, then that is the one you will have to live with unless and until HP posts a newer W8 driver on your PC's support and driver page.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation