Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HPOMEN 15AX000NL SSD 128GB+1TB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, i've the HP OMEN 15AX000NL SSD 128GB+ 1TB notebook and there are two HD

1)  128 GB

2) 1000GB

as i needed to install large program on my PC the 128 GB is too small i prefer do not use the 1000GB to install my program

so i've gone to a tecnician that found a 500GB memory but tell me that he would'nt garantee that i woud keep my RECOVERY partition is this right , how can i improve memory and install program that i need, in case tell me which kind memory to use so that i can upgrade my notebook

hi and thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ilkamalo1

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you want information on saving hard drive space or increasing it,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you try changing the "save location" to HDD rather than the default drive being your "SSD"?

There is almost always an option during install - simply redirect the default path to your HDD. Some programs (not all) will always use a little space on your C drive also - normally, don't worry about this, though do monitor your C drive space regularly. Also, make sure your newly installed programs use the HDD as the default store for data (normally done via a something like the options menu within the program).

The download path can be changed via the use of the 'Save As' option just before you commit to a download (e.g. Right-click then save target as). Alternatively, the download interface may offer you this choice.

The main thing is to pay attention to each step of a program install - they're all pretty much the same and you'll soon get the hang of it.

If you wish to upgrade your SSD to 512GB, you can find the list of compatible parts on your service manual guide: Click here to view it

Supported by HP: 512 GB PCIe Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) Triple Level Cell (TLC) M.2 SSD

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.