Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
leo-tyukins Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

installation SSD What's in this notebook Sata Sata 2 or Sata3?

HP Notebook 15-ac001ur
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello. I want an installed SSD, but the version of SATA is unknown. On the manufacturer's website there is no evidence of SATA bus. What's in this notebook Sata Sata 2 or Sata3?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
PhD Student
PhD Student
740 739 91 157
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI.

Your computer comes out as SATA ... We can say that the generation of the equipment is SATA 3, being compatible on SATA 1,2,3.

http://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/MVWrxr,3kL7YJ/

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
74119 74009 9009 19399
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Nearly all standard 2.5" SSD's for laptops on the market today are SATA 3. But you can install it to your computer because SATA 3 is backward compatible even if your machine used SATA 2.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation