cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 91 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is operaring on battery and i have Window 7.  My computer also has stop showing videos for sometime now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 92 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, I ran up on this sight and am hoping someone can email me an answer. I bought a laptop in Georgia, right before I moved to Ohio, and with in a week, it started showing me a "internal battery error" before logging in, right at start up. Now my computer will not even turn on. My final paper, I had worked on for weeks is locked up in my computer and I am unable to do school work as I have no computer. I am sadly at the library every day, trying to keep up. Anyone who can give me some ideas, I am all ears, please contact me. I have an HP EliteBook 8440p

0 Kudos
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 821
Message 93 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Danni71.  I understand you're unable to boot your computer.

Have you tried removing the battery and booting while only using AC power?

How long have you had this notebook?  Is it in warranty?  If so, you should contact HP Support by calling 1-800-474-6836 if you're in the US/Canada.  If you're in another part of the world you'll need to visit HP Support Worldwide to get your region's contact information.

You will likely need to replace the battery.  What is the product number for your Elitebook?  This document can show you where it is located.  I will use this to locate the appropriate part for your notebook.

Have a great day!  I'll keep an eye out for your response.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 94 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi
I have the same problem
Laptop pavilion G6-1258er
Notebook 1 year
Discharged in 15 minutes
On the old laptop for a minute maximum
I'm disappointed in the company

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 821
Message 95 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello twisterus.  I understand you've received the battery 601 error.

Is your notebook still in warranty?  You can check here.  If so you should contact HP Support directly by calling them at 1-800-474-6836 if you're in the US/Canada.  If you're in another part of the world you'll need to visit HP Support Worldwide to get your region's contact information.

If you're able to boot into Windows you can try manually calibrating the battery.  The instructions can be found in this document.  Also, it would be a good idea to try hard resetting the notebook.  Try the following.

1. Shut down the notebook.
  2. Remove the battery and AC power.
  3. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds three times.
  4. Replace the battery and AC power.
  5. Attempt to boot notebook and verify whether the problem persists.

If the issue still persists you will need to replace the battery.  There is a part number listed on your battery.  Use that to search HP Parts Surfer for a replacement.

If you have any questions let me know.  I'll be keeping an eye out for your response.

Have a lovely evening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 96 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a ProBook 4730s, and have the same issue (error 601 appearing on start up). But my IT person says that the problem is with the external battery because it is wrong to use the battery all the time, i.e. I need to use it plugged in as much time as possible, which I thought to be the other way around (the battery should have a high level all as less as possible).

What's your advise?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 97 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have the internal battery error 601 please help me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 821
Message 98 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello alejandro123.

Try hard resetting the notebook.  Here are the instructions.

1. Shut down the notebook.
  2. Remove the battery and AC power.
  3. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds three times.
  4. Replace the battery and AC power.
  5. Attempt to boot the notebook.

If this doesn't work you likely need to replace the battery.  What is your product number?  This document can show you where it is located.

You can find more information in this article.  

Have a great day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 821
Message 99 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello yliss.  I understand you're curious how to extend your notebook battery's life.

Take a look at this article for tips.

However, you'll probably need to replace that battery.  This article also has information.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 100 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.

This was very helpful 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation