cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 181 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dear sir,

as you said that internal battery is like CMOS or something whatever you said, is very with different models of laptop, actually i have same problem an i am using HP 15-r036tu NOTEBOOK PC, so can you tell me, what can i do now, actually i go to HP Sercice center where they change my battery with new battery then it get started, battery cost is 7000/-, so sir can u tell me there is any other way to solve this kind of problem or i will chane with new one??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 182 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I need hope
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 183 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am getting a startup message that the internal battery needs replaced..  My Laptop/Notebook is a HP g7-1150us Notebook PC, the only other numbers I see on the bottom of the Notebook is:  584037-001 and X16-96072.   If these are the incorrect numbers, I'll have to go thru my other paperwork and look for the model numbers.. thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 184 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also getting this message when I startup my laptop and I am unsure how to fix it.  I ran a battery check and the status says it's very weak, even at full charge.  

My laptop model is a Pavilion dv6-3225dx

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 185 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replace your CMOS battery. Google can yield either YouTube videos or a direct link to HP's support documentation on how to replace it. 

My apologies, guess it's the main battery. Should be easy enough to find a replacement via HP or a third-party like Amazon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,565 8,001
Message 186 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry @gotchay but you are wrong.

(601) is the main battery.

Remove the main battery then boot.

The error should go away.

If it does you need to purchase a new main battery.

REO

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 3 0 0
Message 187 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, i buy my laptop 3 years ago and it already has this excat problem.

My laptop type HP 1000 Notebook PC

Will you help me please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 188 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear 

i facing same problem i chenge cmos batrrey but same err 601 coming  atlast i replce laptop main battrey ( al some my back up battrey laptop not charing and not working) this err atou matic finsh i resuilt atlast your coms battrey charging form laptop battreythan you not concted or concted charger or your laptop shutdown cmos battrey not dricrt charging this charging form laptop battrey

thanks if this good sulltion plz reply

muhammad saeed arif butt

Spoiler
Spoiler
saeed.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,565 8,001
Message 189 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@saeedarif   and   @danni

(601) is the main battery.

Remove the main battery then boot.

The error should go away.

If it does you need to purchase a new main battery.

REO

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 190 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MY LABTOP MODEL hp proBook6450b

i have same problem.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation