cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 821
Message 101 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are very welcome yliss!  I am glad I was able to help.

Have a lovely rest of the evening and an amazing weekend!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 102 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a cq62-423nr laptop and I am getting this same message, but besides that it now tries to do a system restore.  I have tried all known things.  I have done a hard drive test and it passed I did a memory test it passed......Got this computer in 2011/2012..... PLease anyone know what I can do. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 1 1
Message 103 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Turn over the notebook, remove back cover (most of the model contains two or max. Three), commonly it will be the biggest one, by using small size Philip screw driver. You will find small battery looks like a coin, remove it by pressing from one side, it will come out. Purchase new the well know brand, normally it is CR2032 Lithium 3V battery. Return the back cover and tight the screws, that’s it.
Tech.Pro
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 104 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have a HP Probook 4420s,

getting the 601 error.  where can i find instructions on how to replace the battery?  whats the battery model number and how available are these batteries?  are they HP batteries or 3rd party?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 1 1
Message 105 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Mike, you case is different due to hp probook 4420s, not having normal CR2032 batttery, I highly recommend you to contact neaest HP AUTHORIZED servcie center and let them fix it.

Option: (Self maintenance) high risk.

for details you may downlaod servcie manual from below link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?redirectReason=DocIndexPDF&prodSer...

Go to Page # 76 "RTC Battery" and understand the steps, and buy the HP battery Part#: 599516-001 from HP servcie center or you may order it online http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/partsdirectory/buy.htm before you begin.

goodluck!

Tech.Pro
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 821
Message 106 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello MikeMiller.

The instructions for replacing the battery can be found in the notebook's Maintenance and Service Guide.  You can find information related to the battery and its part numbers on page 57.  This should be able to answer your question.

Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 107 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my hp battery is very low. thanks:smileywink:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 821
Message 108 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello tasospap.  I understand you're having some trouble with your battery.

Have you tried manually calibrating the battery?  Here are the steps.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 109 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I called HP to see what I can do if it is the CMOS or big battery.  I sat on hold for almost 30 min, transfered several times to people who have no idea what is wrong.  I find it is odd coincidence that this happened 1 month after warranty expired. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 110 of 204
Flag Post
HP Recommended

same problem and the battery isn't chargin so if i unplug it  the computer chuts down

Compaq 6730s

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation