Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Brian116 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

internal microphone not recognised and does not work

pavilion 10-n100ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

cortana does not find a microphone.

control panel searches do not find internal microphone.

i have updated driver but no change.

when i turned on this morning there was an hp update downloading.

did this screw things up?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 347 626
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Brian116,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the microphone issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that this issue may have started after an Windows update.

It is possible that the update may have caused an issue with the microphone.  If you believe the update to be the cause, you can try performing a System Restore, to set the notebook back to its previous working state.  Otherwise, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP PCs - Resolving Microphone Problems (Windows 10, 8)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Brian116 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you.

I had been through the standard processes you mentioned. These relate to external microphones. The update that Isaw in action was an HP update, not windows update.

So no improvement.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 347 626
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Brian116,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Not all the steps are related to the External Microphone.  There are also steps to troubleshoot the Integrated Microphone Array.  Try uninstalling the Audio Drivers, then restart the notebook.  This should allow the system to install compatible drivers.  If the issue continues, then try using the troubleshooting tool shown in the document.  When choosing a device to troubleshoot, select Integrated Microphone Array.  If you are still having trouble, then continue on to checking the sound settings.  Check to see if the microphone is recognized by the computer, and set it as the default device.  Please post back with the results.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
Brian116 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The sond settings do not come up with any integrated sound devices

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 347 626
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Brian116,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Then it sounds like the drivers are not installed.  Or the system is not communicating properly with the hardware.  What were the results of uninstalling the Audio Drivers, and restarting the notebook?  You can also try to restore the BIOS to its default settings.  That way, it will check the hardware.  You can use this document to assist you, if needed: HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation