Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
anishraheja Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

irql_not_less_or_equal (rtwlane.sys)

HP pavilion 15-p203tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I had bought a laptop HP pavilion 15-p203tx about 6 months ago. It came with pre-installed windows 8.1 64 bit.It was workng all fine and smooth.

Just a while back I received my reserved windows 10 upgrade. I upgraded my laptop with the same.
It started to show some error with BDOSing like irql_not_less_or_equal (rtwlane.sys). Once the blue screen appears, my whole system halts and I cant seem to find anything to fix the flaw.

I think its related to WiFi drivers. I am trying to find update for my drivers on realtek's websites but again haven't found much luck. The problem is really growing on my nerves. Please help find a legitimate fix for it.
That would be really grateful of you.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @anishraheja,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand that you are having an blue screen issue, and wanted to assist you!

First, try reviewing the following resources, and let me know how it goes:

Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)

How To Fix IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error in Windows 8 (Not an HP supported Web site).

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
SAMUL Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i bought hp pavilion notebook abo31tx around 15 days ago within one week i started to get this error as i installed regular windows 8.1 update but now its like in one hour it is crashing 2 times its really ridiculous and very bad on hp part i think the hardware is faulty i have used the method to read the dump file attaching here the reason its realteks wifi driver now question is if the hardware is faulty or driver Capture.PNG

please reply i think it will be a major issue soon

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @SDF15

Thanks a ton for the idea. It helped in a way. I really appreciate.

It said that the error is due to the driver 'rtwlane.sys' by 'Realtek PCIE NDIS Driver 38846'.

It is a network driver, I presume. If I go and uninstall it, then I wont be able to access internet through WiFi or ethernet. What do you suggest ? Shall I replace the drivers with atheros qualcomm or with any other products available in the market ? I am attaching a screenshot from the said software read from Untitled.jpgminidump.

Awaiting your response.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @anishraheja,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Have you tried uninstalling the Network Driver, and reinstalling, using the HP Support Assistant?  You can also try reviewing the following document:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)

Please post back with the results.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @SDF15,

I tried using HP support Assistant earlier and had not found any updates regarding the problem.

Just last night, I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them using HP Recovery Manager. I will keep using it for 2-3 days and see if BSOD problem knocks the door again. If that happens, which I hope it won't, I will in touch with you again.

Meanwhile, Please accept the kind gratitude for your support. This problem really had me.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation