Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ElenaEli Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

keyboard doesn't work properly

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15z-ab0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello i have a problem with my keyboard, some keys doesn't work, keys like the letter <i> and some numbers. Could you please help me??  i called the line support but they said to me that the warranty expired but i bougth my laptop on february 2016 using your websde and also when i check that on your websde also said i have 3 more months remainng.

Thank you

ps. i dont speak englsh well so i am sorry for my bad englsh 

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12888 889 1322
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

keyboard doesn't work properly

Hi! @ElenaEli, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that some keys on your laptop are not functioning properly.

Try few steps recommended below.

Turn off the computer and then restart it.
Press the Esc key repeatedly to see if a startup menu opens.
If a setup menu does not open, the integrated keyboard hardware is not working. The integrated keyboard in the notebook should be serviced or replaced. To continue using the notebook, connect a USB-wired keyboard to a USB port and restart the computer.
If a setup menu opens, use the arrow keys to navigate the menus. If these keys are working in the startup menu, but then fail when Windows loads, the problems might be related to the keyboard software.
Restart the computer.
In Device Manager, uninstall and reinstall the keyboard software:
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Click View and select Show Hidden Devices.
Click the arrow next to Keyboards, right-click the keyboard device name, then select Uninstall to remove the device from Windows.
Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.
Restart the notebook. Right-click Start (), select Shut down or sign out, then select Restart.
Wait for the computer to restart and open Windows.
The keyboard should now work correctly. To test the keyboard for key or hardware failures, see Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8).

Please refer this article to further troubleshoot keyboard issues: http://hp.care/2cdfAp3

If you still have issues after troubleshooting it is a hardware issue you have to replace the keyboard.

You can use a USB keyboard as an alternative or contact HP for service options.

Link to contact HP: http://hp.care/2bkTGBQ

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers! :)

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation