cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

keyboard on hp stream 13

hp stream 13
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i have a few keys on my keyboard that won't work at all. they are not stuck they just stopped working. the letters r,t,and y. i ran a test on the keyboard and it failed. i'm assuming it needs to be replaced. the error code was: QBX8HO-7AM8A4-MFPV6K-GO6TO3. the warrenty ended last year. i bought 3 of these 2 years ago as gifts and mine is the only one that has an issue. staples quoted me a price of 365.00 to send it out, is this worth fixing, and if yes how?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 485 934
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

keyboard on hp stream 13

Greetings @chooseyourhp,

Thanks for the post, I see you are facing an issue with your keyboard on a Stream notebook. Kudos to you for running a test and providing the test results. I would like to help you. 

Based on the test results, it is definitely a hardware issue and you will need to replace the keyboard of the computer. Recommend you to contact our phone support by visiting www.hp.com/contacthp and if you want to purchase and replace the part on your own, you can visit our parts website www.partsurfer.hp.com to check for availability and pricing. 

Let me know if the helped. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation