Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (16,300 Views)

lap top recall

I was in search mode and noticed that my hp pavillion dv6000 battery pack was in recall in may 2009. Can you tell me how. i can recieve a new one or take somewhere
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 3 (16,297 Views)

Re: lap top recall

Use this website: http://bpr.hpordercenter.com/hbpr/M14.aspx to see if your battery is eligible for the free replacement under the recall. 

Not all batteries with the alert are in the recall, only a few are being recalled.  In fact, I've yet to hear from anyone who's battery has actually been covered.   You can also find additional information here.

Student
Message 3 of 3 (15,716 Views)

Re: lap top recall

[ Edited ]

Hi Folks

I have a Pavillion zd8000 notebook serial number <text removed for privacy> with battery serial L14823651B000220A.  The unit still that works fine if I just have it plugged in with no battery in the unit.  If I put the battery in the unit it gets so hot it shuts down.  I used to be able to sit it on an ice pack (no kidding) and it would keep running but not any more.  I assume it has a recalled battery but I have had no luck putting in the info on the HP recall page.  I am wondering though, if I have a problem confusing zero's with the letter O when putting in info.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Mel

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation