cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sterling22
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop always going into sleep mode

HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, for a long whle now I have noticed that my laptop just goes inot sleep/hibernation mode even when I am actively using it !! All of the battery / power setting are set that it does not do this until 3 hours of inactivity.  I contacted HP under warranty and was advised that the BIOS needing updating, which  they did on line for me at the time.  It still does it and is really awkward at times.  What suggestions can anyone offer please?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Sterling22,

Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your specific model of Envy TS 15? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? 

I grasp that you are having an issue with your notebook going into sleep / hibernation mode, while you are actively working. Here is a link to assist you with that difficulty.

HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎

Have you done all the Windows updates?

Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?

Have you run the HP Support Assistant?

If the issue remains try restoring the power defaults.

• Go to the command prompt and run as administrator
  • Type powercfg-restoredefaultschemes and press enter.

Please let me know the outcome.

Please click theThumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If my post helped you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums.

Sparkles1

Sterling22
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  Yes I have done all of the updates, both windows and Hp ones.  The trouble shooter suggests nothing is wrong and, the admin command: powercfg-restoredefaultschemes reports as no such command !  I have however gone in to the BIOS and set back to power default.

There is another problem, whether related to the power one I do not know: pretty much every day the screen freezes and after a minute reports that the Intel screen driver has a problem and is resetting.  Yes I have tried to update the driver, but again it repotts that it is the latest version...

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Sterling22,

Thank you for your reply. 

What is your specific model of Envy TS 15? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Please retry the  power command again. There is a space between powercfg and the hyphen.  powercfg -restore defaultschemes

If the issue remains please test for hardware failures. HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

Have you checked for viruses and malware?

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation