Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
melbdean Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop blank screen, caps lock flashing, not starting

I have a hp x360. This morning, when i attempted to turn it on, the screen is black, the fan goes on for about 2 seconds and the caps lock key flashhes. Then the screen remains black, with the caps lock key flashing. Also, when I have it plugged in, the recharging light sometimes goes white instead of red. Not sure what to do, any help would be great, thanks.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
445 435 24 69
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Welcome to Support Forums, thank you or posting your concern and I'm sorry that you are having that issue, I would be able to help you in identifying the cause of the issue, I would need few infomration though.

How many times is the caps lock flashing ? I mean (ok it may souind funny but please bare with me) -

• Blink - pause- Blink - pause
  • blink blink -pause- blink blink -pause
  • blink blink blink-pause-blink blink blink- pause

You got what I mean right ? Please write me back this details and product number of your unit and operating system I would be happy to help. To find the model number here , check this - 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0003

Although I work for HP but I'm speaking for myself.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards

Aks3621

0 Kudos
melbdean Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the caps lock key is flashing - blink pause, blink pause and so on

operating system windows 8.1 i think

0 Kudos
melbdean Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cant find the model number, but its the x360 - red 2 in 1 laptop

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
445 435 24 69
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Its the CPU Failure, its not working right on the unit . I assume the unit should be in warranty, so please call HP @ 1-800- 474-6836 as you will have to get the PC repaired. To check your warranty here use this link-

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=us&lc=en

Although I work for HP but I'm speaking for myself.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards

Aks3621

0 Kudos
Rayn1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when i turn my laptop on i can hear the fan but it will not boot and the screen is black and blank with the caplock flashing.

0 Kudos
Rayn1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

blink pause blink pause

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation