Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Chill4 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop charge/power problem

G6-1232ea

I'm not very good with computers so, for my  HP laptop, the model number is g6-1232ea, was working completely fine then It had run out of battery and when I Plugged it into the plug socket, all the electricity in whole house went out, the fuse had blown. So I tried again and it did again, I tried In different rooms because i thought maybe it's that specific socket and it blew again so it's not just the one socket it's something to do the laptop or the charger. Can anybody help me out with what the problem is or how I could solve it, as I have not been able to use my laptop for a month.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
15439 15384 1437 3417
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop charge/power problem

Chill4

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do to diagnose your laptop from here.

Ordinarily, I would link you to troubleshooting steps you could run to check out the charger, but since that blows the circuit whenever you plug it in, and it has to be plugged in to test it, then you clearly can't run those steps.

And,since it's most likely too old (more than one year) to still be under warranty, if you take it or send it to an HP Service Center, they will charge you a lot to run diagnostics on it.

So, if there are laptop repair centers local to you, you would probably do better taking it to one of those and having them run diagnostics.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation