Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

laptop closing automatically and leave a blank black screen/

HP Recommended
pavilion dv4 1404tu
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I am a user of pavilion dv4 1404tu, i am using this laptop since 2009 and i am pretty happy with the performance of the laptop. but from last some months i am facing some problems and i dont kno how to troubleshoot my problem.

everytime i am using my laptop and using multiple apps like playing music while suffering internet or working on ms office , my laptop get close within 2 or 3 hours and leave a black screen. it just not get start even if i forcefully restart it. everytime i press power button and restart it just open with same black screen. i have already reinstal the drivers and window (window 7 ultimate 64 bit), but still the problem is not solved yet. but if i leave ,my laptop power off for some hours it restart properly. 

anyone who have any idea about it? what is the problem and how to troubleshoot it? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,392 2,275
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @abhishekakt,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having issues with the computer shuts down automatically after sometime, Don't worry though, we'll take care of this together 🙂

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the PC?

Was any update/reset interrupted, recently?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard Reset

Please follow the steps suggested in the guided troubleshooter for - No Power or No Boot Troubleshooting - Click here

Update the Bios

Remove the battery and turn on the PC with Just the AC power adapter and check how it goes

For more details, please go through the support document for - omputer Does Not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP) - Click here

Let me know how it goes for further assistance,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ biswajeet

i appreciate your time for giving me a solution. But unfortunately it's not helpful. And I have not make any hardware change, may be some softwares I have installed but I can't tell specific name. As I mostly download only useful softwares related to my work and games. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @abhishekakt,

Thanks for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Have you tried connecting an external monitor to check if it works,

Does the light on the power button goes off or does it blink?

What happens when you try to turn on the PC just with the AC power adapter connected? Could you let me know the results of the troubleshooting performed in the previous post?

Could you elaborate more on the issue as this will help me in further assisting you?

In the meantime, I would suggest you go ahead and run the system diagnostics as well as extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IMG_4648.JPGHi

the power button light do not blink or go off. It stay on, even the fan keeps on. Only the screen go blank.  And my laptop battery is not working so my laptop always connected with ac adopter. 

And I did not try with external monitor. Actually I don't have external monitor so never thought  of it.  

Above is the picture of my laptop, u can see it just appear like this. No matter how many times u restart it. And once u plug out the adopter for some hours , it will start normally.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @abhishekakt,

Thanks for replying,

I understand you have followed the steps and still having the issue, Don't worry though, as I have few other steps which should help to resolve the issue.

Here's a related Microsoft post which has helped others: Click here

If the issue persists, I would suggest this to be a hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation