Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ba047na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever watching media (youtube, DVDs, etc...) the laptop will often freeze and automatically shut down. It does not happen instantly but will happen within any point, usually within an hour. This is extremely frustrating as I have lost a lot of data and information from these random computer failures and it should not be an issue.

I bought the product new, just before christmas 2016 and it is used probably 2 hours a day so I am unsure as to why this issue is recurring over and over again. my previous laptops have run on intel processors and nvidia graphics cards perhaps it is something to do with the amd processor or graphics card not functioning properly.

Any suitable fix for this problem or will i have to get it repaired somehow?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sherriff

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Has this problem been happening since the beginning?  Or is this something that has only started happening recently?

Also, you mention playing media -- so are you streaming it using a Browser from an online source? And, if so, are you using the Win10 default browser -- Edge?

If you're not streaming, what media player are you using -- Windows Media Player?

We can proceed when you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi there,

It is something that has been happening from the begining.

It will be on any platform and will happen several times in one day and then won't happen again for a while.

I use chrome mostly, but watching videos online or VLC media player or windows media player. It freezes the video and there is a loud non-mechanichal buzzing sound, and then it turns off and restarts. 

I rarely use my PC now becuase it is too frustrating when this keeps happening.

many thanks

HP Recommended

@Sherriff

Sorry, but we are not HP Tech Support; instead, this is just a community self-help forum staffed by vounteers. We have no way of diagnosing or repairing your PC from here.

You paid for free HP Tech Support as part of the warranty coverage, so you might as well make use of it.

While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about troubleshooting and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

---------------------------------------
However, HP Customer Support is generally not available on the weekends, so you might have to wait until Monday to contact them.
---------------------------------------

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.