cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
afarqaleet Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop gets stuck when lifting up

HP PAVILION G6 NOTEBOOK 2346SE
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've been using my laptop from two years almost and this problem has risen from the past year. I have tried reinstalling the windows and many more ways just to solve my problem but no solution found. The problem is that when I lift my laptop slightly or even tilt it for 1 second (not suddenly) the laptop seems to become slow such that nothing seems to open or work.When I'm in a game and lift laptop whenever it happens too and I can a freezing/slow motion of the characters.

In other words FPS drops.I went to the company by which the warantee was signed(partners of HP) .They changed the following hardware that included :-

1. Motherboard

2. Graphics card

3. Fan

Still my problem exists and I don't know what to do.I've become sick of this laptop because now it's starting to heat too. -_-

I will be very glad if someone gets back to me ASAP.

P.S:- If someone is referring to HP driveguard then no I haven't installed it but have installed HP coolsense.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
2,882 2,654 144 331
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @afarqaleet.

Welcome to HP Forums!

I understand that the laptop freezes when you lift it up a little. I want to help.

Please review this document: Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎. Let me know if it passed all the tests.

Also here are another 2 document may help: HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 😎HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
afarqaleet Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again.

I've searched the driver/softwares on the page according to you but couldn't find any software to update BIOS. Is that necessary? I've installed HP support assistant but it's also showing no updates. Although I've just installed HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) I can't understand it's purpose because I'm just a student trying to solve this problem. Will changing the hardisk and replacing it with a new one solve my problem? But I know that's an expensive alternate. 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2,882 2,654 144 331
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @afarqaleet,

Thank you for the reply. I asked you to run the hardware test because I want to rule out the possibility of a hardware malfunction. We are not certain yet if the hardware disc needs to be replaced or not before the hardware tests gave us a result. If it passed all the hardware tests, it might be a software issue causing the freezing. Software issue could be fixed by updating drivers or restoring the system.

Let me know how it goes with your laptop.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
afarqaleet Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry to bother you again. 😛

Ran all the hardware diagnostics by pressing F2 and going in the UEFI menu. It passed all the components.Ii've been thinking that if there's any possibility of ventilation duct blockage? I mean there's not much air coming out from the side of the laptop. Maybe that's the cause. But if that's connected with the issue i've been having so the fan needs to be cleaned up.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2,882 2,654 144 331
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @afarqaleet,

Here is a document that shows how to clean the vents: Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

Let me know if it helps.

If you want to say thank you, please click the "Thumb up" icon at the bottom right of the post. Thanks again:)

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation