Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay513tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

laptop went to sleep after closing the lid and wen i press any key or mouse intead of waking up it is restarting.. i bought this before 1 week only

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Did it come with Windows 7 or did you put that on? It will not sleep or resume from sleep properly unless all the correct drivers are installed. 

HP Recommended

it came with w10 ! (seems you've been HACKED, by demons in the night as you slept?>) HiHi.

so if you put w7 on it  , it can never work right, "its not suported by HP"

if you look on your HP support page it has w10 only.

so the fix is easy, (inconcept yes, time and delays no.)

1: put back w10.  (power on hit F11 key, )

2: or if F11 is dead, (say new HDD/SSD installed) then get the HP media kit, for this exact PC.

3: now if you did the above, the PC works like new, if not and you used a Microsoft w10 disk it will not work right yet.

4: if you installed MS W10 using MS media, then go to your support page here, and load all those drivers seen there

here they are. (i clicked support tab above. then sofware and driver and then told the system what you had.)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-ay500-notebook-pc-series/12229013/model/14689...

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

@savvy2 that is an extreme view. We can probably help the OP get Windows 7 working if that is what he or she wants but it ain't as easy as just loading Windows 7 on and hoping for the best. 

HP Recommended

extreme views.? ( ever watch a  noob do this>)_?

well you tell me how many of the millions with PC owners...

can do that. ? 1 in 100,000?)?  after all he is here asking so, must be is first time , in driver land, no?

I can, (may) if in fact the chips all have w7 drivers, every part in side needing a driver ,needs the correct one.

my answers .

the best answer is use what HP supports, to the average owner, the MASSES.

if you can't understand that, then tell them the long story.

I can paste it here, 24/7,  the long long road to finding all good drivers not supported by HP.

and then we get to the topic  of most drivers sold on the internet are from malware, companies. (or far far worse)

(not Intel, not NEC, not Nvida) but most google searches the Customer finds will be BAD NEWS.

try it some time.?

here is the short list

CP control panel

click Device manager.

then on all missing dead, read, yellow , or marked unknown devices.

be internet connected, or all hope is gone.

RC right click, update driver.

pray, that MS can find them all,  in vast cases it will  not. find them and for sure all the HP custom driver that only work on this model HP PC< (facts)

point 2, ever try to get the HP security  chips and features working with wrong OS?

bet not.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

@savvy

Consider your audience. Been here since 2001. Trust me, this machine will work with Windows 7 including security chips. 

And "noobs" can do it with a little help. We don't call them that here, they are "customers" or "the OP". And, within limits if they want to run an alternate OS then we try to help. I still have the battle scars from when Vista came out and we helped hundreds upon hundreds of "noobs" install XP on machines that were not supposed to support XP. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.