cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SeemaT Honor Student
Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop keeps freezing cannot reset my laptop. message says there was an error and could not reset.

envy 15k167cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop keeps losing the internet connection and freezing.  I have run virus check and nothing came up.

I tried to reset the laptop  but after a while i got a message saying that an error was encountered and the laptop did not reset.

there was no detail about the error.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
18,208 17,730 1,287 1,947
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop keeps freezing cannot reset my laptop. message says there was an error and could not reset.

Hey there! @SeemaT, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that your laptop keeps freezing and you are unable to perform a system reset.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Try performing a system restore and check and if it helps. Try few steps recommended below.

System Restore can return the computer to a state where the lockups do not happen.
Use the following steps to use System Restore:
In Windows, search for and open System.
Click System protection.
On the System Protection tab of the System Properties window, click System Restore.
In System Restore, click Next.
Select a Date and Time from the list of restore points that matches a date and time before the lockups started to occur.
Click Next.
The Confirm your restore point window displays.
Click Finish, and then click Yes.
The computer restarts automatically after the restoration completes.

Also, refer this document to know how to troubleshoot system freezing issues: http://bit.ly/2hAwE9X

Please try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and let me know the results.

Refer this document to know how to run system diagnostics using this link.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
SeemaT Honor Student
Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Chetan, 

thank you for your response,  I tried to do a system recovery first but it gave me the same message that an error was encountered and system could not be restored to an earlier point. 

Now i have started getting this error message sometimes when the computer freezes:

WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR 

I will run a systems diagnostics and let you know the results soon.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
18,208 17,730 1,287 1,947
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SeemaT, thanks for the reply.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you are getting an error when you try to restore the operating system.

Please try performing a Windows Update. Go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and then select Check for updates.

If the issue still persists run a system recovery using the recovery discs.

You can contact HP to get the discs.

Link to contact HP.

I'll watch your reply.

Have a lovely day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation