cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hawtdawg
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop making a lot of noise

Pavilion wa781ua

Purchased Jan 10. It started making noise a week ago, and its rapidly getting worse! It passed all the system tests, but I'm worried it may be the hard drive. I have backed it up and will clean it with compressed air to see if that helps. Does anyone have any suggestions of other things to try?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
dante316
Level 4
40 40 4 47
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

update the BIOS from hp.com/support & this will fix your issue

***Click on “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
vivekdantkale
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i don't know why there is a need to update BIOS. Why cant HP Leave me ALONE & Happy Without this Noise. it happens every-time I update!!! i have an ASUS which Never Makes ANY Noise working Well for Last 2 1/2 Yr. I bought a higher Config HP & every 20-30 days I have an issue Like Noise, Webcam.. so on & so forth. 5yrs Back i had HP Laptop of my Co. it worked Well so i Bought 1 for myself & today again it is making Noise. Seems HP people have planned (accelerated) Obsolescing the HP  laptop that I bought  !! -Vivek

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation