Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
treasureplant41 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop not booting after recently installing windows 10

Hello everyone, pls I need your help to resolve the issue I'm having with  my HP Pavilion DV6000 PC, the problem started wih my laptop speaker, and I tried to make a system recovery to get the issue fixed but after the recovery I was asked to install a window cos it was runing on window 10. and while installing the window I mistakenly took the power adapter out from the laptop and it went off cos my battery is bad, I powered it on  and I have been trying to reinstall the window back but its not installing. this is the message its bringing up:

THE COMPUTER RESTARTED UNEXPECTEDLY OR ENCOUNTERED AN UNEXPECTED ERROR. WINDOWS INSTALLATION CANNOT PROCEED. TO INSTALL WINDOWS,CLCK OK TO RESTART THE COMPUTER, AND THEN RESTART THE INSTALLATION.

I have done what it says but still having the same issue, pls I need your asistant.  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
14028 1326 3146
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop not booting after recently installing windows 10

treasureplant41

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about your laptop no longer booting in Win10 and wanted to help.

There's no telling how much damage you did by removing the power adapter, so let's hope the simple fix will work -- repairing the boot loader files.

To do this, you will need access to a working PC for this step in order to create the media needed to repair your PC boot loader.

Once you have that, please download and create Win10 install media from this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10

Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit).  While you CAN change these settings, do NOT. If you do, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!

Boot from the media you created, and follow the directions in this link: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.html

You will need to go to the Advanced Options screen and click on Startup Repair.  You will probably have to run Startup Repair three times for it to fix all the boot loader problems.

If your PC then boots OK, you're good to go.  IF it does NOT boot, then more damage was done than the boot loader files.

And, in that case, you would have to completely reinstall Win10 to get the PC working again, and while you CAN do that from the Win10 media you already made, since you can't boot into Windows, your only option is a clean-install, and THAT will erase everything on the PC and start clean.  So, the problem there is that you would have to copy off the files and data you want to save to an external drive or USB stick before you did the reinstall.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation