Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

laptop not charging or turning on

HP Recommended

I have a Compaq Presario CQ56-109WM, when I plug in the laptop the light next to the power input the led turns on solid blue for a few seconds, then turns solid orange.

I have already tried swapping out the charger and battery from a second laptop (same exact laptop) and the problem persisted.

If I take the battery out of the laptop and plug it in, the light next to the power input turns on solid blue and does not turn off, but the computer will not turn on.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
6 6 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try doing a hard reset. I've had to do this to my HP laptop a couple of times because my computer screen was blank and no matter how many times I try to turn it on it wouldn't work. I also thought my laptop's battery wasn't charging but that wasn't the case. 

What you need to do is:

1) Turn your laptop off.
2) Take out the battery.
3) Unplug the  charger from your computer.
4) Hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
5) Put the battery back in.
6) Power on the laptop.

I hope this helps. Let me know if it works. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Just hadto register on hp forums... To Thank You. It worked... Thanks for your great help
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation