Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
HP Recommended Solution: Please visit the HP Techcenter To Resolve Diagnostic Errors that Appear During Startup

When laptop powers on i get:   visit webpage: www.hp.com\go\startup

prinamry internal battery is (low or functioning at dangerously low levels)

it sounds like i need a replacement primary internal battery, plugged in the laptop runs normally, so where do i go to buy this new battery on a 3 year old pavilion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This failure ID means the battery is having hardware issue and need to be replaced. You can contact HP technical Support and purchase a battery from them as your product is out of warranty.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Please read the document that has the reason for this error and the next steps needed:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443470

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Hi

>>before that please do the battery test on your computer

Testing and Calibrating the Battery--- fallow the link to do the test

>>if you get any error msg please chage the battery

>>and if you wnat to get a new once call us 1800-474-6836

>>if we have stock will help you out

Please click "Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the
"Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

this is how the screen read after i completed the battery test:

Battery test : Primary - Replace (30)    Secondary - NOT INSTALLED (60)

failure id : 90EEFX-5JT76F-MFH1SG-C0FP03

Product id : QA062UA#ABC

Primary Battery

Battery test : FAILED

a one-year warranrty was included with the laptop (which i registered as soon as i obtained this notebook), it expired atleast a year ago but i still want to replace the battery anyway i can

HP Recommended

This failure ID means the battery is having hardware issue and need to be replaced. You can contact HP technical Support and purchase a battery from them as your product is out of warranty.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended

thank you for the help, i will start talking with technical support and i consider this topic closed

HP Recommended

I have had the same message on my ,'HP Pavilion notebook' for months even though its barely a year old!! Have souced new battery online its about £80 or on ebay about £40, currently managing with plugging it in every time I use it.  My battery indicaor (bottom right screen) tells me I have 90% so don't understand the message?? I wonder if message is an error and would like to remove it from startup screen - so if anyone knows how to do this and would like to share it thanks.

HP Recommended

Maria456

before i got this message my battery was ;asting less than thre hours and closer to 30 minutes between charges before i got this error message.

but if its happening  to you within the year you might be under warranty. atleast a 1year warranty came with my pavilion when i bought it new

HP Recommended

Hi

- yes you will get only 1 year of warranty for the battery

-if your purchasing the battery form HP parts store check for the warranty details

Please click "Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the
"Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

im having trouble finding a similar enough label

is the primary internal battery the large battery in the back that clips in and out without tools?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.