cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mr1375 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop turns on stays on blue screen

I turn my computer on and it goes to the recovery screen, I press F4 and have tried every option ( debugging, reboot, etc). No matter what I pick it acts like its starting up, goes to the screen that usually has the password icon, but instead it stays blue. Is there any way to fix this?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
61 61 4 23
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Would you kindly post your model number so that we may better assist you with your issue.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
***Say Thanks! by clicking the White Kudos star on the left.***
**Help others find solutions by marking my answer'Accept as Solution'if it solves your problem.**
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
shatley Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.mine is a pavilion.dv6000. dv6405us
0 Kudos
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
61 61 4 23
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There may be a software issue, I have searched for answers and will continue. Have anyone performed a system recovery?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
***Say Thanks! by clicking the White Kudos star on the left.***
**Help others find solutions by marking my answer'Accept as Solution'if it solves your problem.**
0 Kudos
ThatWolfGuy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it doesn't start up past the blue screen before the lg in screen, there's no way to system recover it.
My mom is having the same problem with her Windows 8, it stays blue past boot-up, and sometimes, it'll get past the login screen, but nothing works;[no apps, no icons, nothing] then eventually goes back to the same blue screen without warning.

HP 2000-2b20NR
Serial#: {Removed for privacy}
Product#: C2M41UA#ABA

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is an old forum, but it's the only one I've found similar to my problem.

0 Kudos
Meaghanthorp Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem
0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Awesome.
Someone has the time to look at my message, edit it to take out the Cerial No. but not help me with my problem on THEIR machines.
-____________________________-

0 Kudos
Retired OrnahP
Retired
2881 2469 39 93
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. Just a reminder that  this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2594 2567 114 526
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi all, 

Sorry for the late reply. I (we = the entire community) do try to get to as many questions as I possibly can, but obviously I cannot get to all of them. I saw this one and I would like to try to help you. Issues like this often require more than one or two steps though so I would ask for your patience in troubleshooting. 

I would suggest trying a hard reset as the first, quickest and less invasive step. This can sometimes fix strange issues because it drains all of the electricity out of the unit. Here are the steps for a Hard Reset. Once you've held the power button and plugged the power cord and battery back in, turn the notebook on. Give it some time to see if it will boot normally. 

If after trying a Hard Reset, you still get the same blue screen, does it give you a "See advanced repair options" button?

1. If so, click it.

2. Click Troubleshoot

3. Click Advanced Options

4. Click Startup Settings

5. Click Restart

6. Press F5 to choose Safe Mode with Networking -- Allow the computer time to restart.

7. Once Windows loads, press Windows key + Q to bring up the Search Bar.

8. Type in "msconfig" and click on msconfig in the search results.

9. The General tab by default should look like this.

Win8MsconfigGeneral.jpg

10. Click the Boot tab. Nothing should be checked at the bottom. It should look like this

Win8MsconfigBoot.jpg

11. If you had to make any changes to make those tabs look like the ones above, click Apply and Exit withOUT Restart.

12. Open File Explorer Windows key + 1. 

13. Right-click on Computer and Click Properties.

14. Click Advanced System Settings on the Left and Click the Settings button in the Startup and Recovery section

Win8AutomaticRestart.jpg

15. Uncheck the Automatically Restart box. This prevents the computer from automatically restarting when it encounters an error. This will allow you to see an error message if one is occuring. It could be that right now, an error is occurring but you aren't aware because the error message screen isn't staying up long enough to be seen because the system is set to automatically restart when it encounters an error.

Win8AutomaticRestartB.jpg

16. Press Windows key + C to bring up the Charms Bar

17. Click Settings, Power and Shutdown

18. Wait for all of the lights to go off and fans to stop spinning -- Turn it back on and see if it is still starting up in repair mode. 

I hope these steps help. Please let me know if you run into any issues. I'll keep an eye out for replies Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation