cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AntidarWIN Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop wont shut down fully, screen goes off but lights still on

Am having an HP dv6 6050ee, i dunno i have had this issue for like over 8 months now, when i click shutdown the screen goes black but the panel lights are still on so i am forced to keep pressing power button to fully shut it off, this is a big concern for me, i am using windows 8 64 bit edition, i was about to give up then i decided to post this issue on the hp forums for help i did every thing from power management options and read many forums but couldnt fix this issue. Below is a video of a similar problem which i found on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNYEgSlx2zI&list=LLAaSKCaSFtNrH28N0MnAVsw

I even tried the above guys remedy and uninstalled skype still having same issue please help me out here i donnot want to format my pc and install windows all over again i just need a fix i think its not hard ware issue cause when i use restart option my pc completely shuts off and then turns on quite normally please help me fix this issue.

Warmest regards.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AntidarWIN Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update,

I just completely formatted my hard disk and put in a fresh windows 8 64 bit and yet the problem persists i am now sure this is a hardware issue but the question is which place, motherboard please help any one 😞

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4677 4661 235 573
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello AntidarWIN,

More than likely HP is not going to support hardware for Windows 8 on any system purchased before Oct 1st 2011.  Most Windows 7 drivers will work in Windows 8.  You say this problem has been going on for over 8 months.  Is this when you upgraded to Windows 8?

Before upgrading to Windows 8, did you check out this page to see if your computer has been tested by HP with Windows 8?

Have you tried going back to Windows 7 to see if that resolves the issue?

Please let me know.

Chris

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation