cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Eeyore
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

m6-1045dx ethernet connection

HP Recommended

Minor question.  First time I used  ethernet on it.  Cable I used has a big tang (clip),  With enough wiggling you can get it in.  However do not like inserting cables with such force.  Bottom "door"  bulges out a bit.  Am I missing something?  Or cheap design?  Works, just do not want to be on my way to breaking something.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
npw05001
Level 8
2,472 2,418 76 315
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Eeyore,

I see that you have a question concerning the Ethernet cable.

In my experience almost all Ethernet cable ends are near the same size but for some reason I have ran into some that are slightly larger and have a tougher time inserting into computer ports.

It may be a design issue for that brand or the clip may be tight if it is a new cord. I wouldn't worry about harming the port on the computer you are more likely to break the clip on the Ethernet cord.

If you are constantly taking you cord in and out of the computer you may want to consider a different brand of Ethernet cord.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
npw05001
Level 8
2,472 2,418 76 315
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Eeyore,

I see that you have a question concerning the Ethernet cable.

In my experience almost all Ethernet cable ends are near the same size but for some reason I have ran into some that are slightly larger and have a tougher time inserting into computer ports.

It may be a design issue for that brand or the clip may be tight if it is a new cord. I wouldn't worry about harming the port on the computer you are more likely to break the clip on the Ethernet cord.

If you are constantly taking you cord in and out of the computer you may want to consider a different brand of Ethernet cord.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

Eeyore
Author
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks,

I never use ethernet.  However wireless was down.

npw05001
Level 8
2,472 2,418 76 315
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your welcome,

Thanks for posting here!!

If you have any other questions let us know.

Signature

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation