Note on archived topics.
04-23-2016 02:21 PM - last edited on 04-23-2016 03:47 PM by danny-r
What is the maximum memory for my HP Pavilion dv7-1157cl [Personal information removed] PN: FS155UA#ABA ? Where can I purchase the memory modules?
04-23-2016 03:18 PM
From its Maintenance and Service Guide:
2 SODIMM slots Customer-accessible/upgradable PC2-6400, 800-MHz, DDR2 Dual-channel support
Supports up to 4096 MB system memory
● 4096-MB total system memory (2048 MB × 2, dual-channel)
● 3072-MB total system memory (2048 MB × 1 + 1024 × 1)
● 2048-MB total system memory (1024 MB × 2, dual-channel)
● 2048-MB total system memory (2048 MB × 1)
● 1024-MB total system memory (512 MB × 2, dual-channel)
● 1024-MB total system memory (1024 MB × 1)
The manual shows you part number and how to add/replace RAM You can use part number and search online. Note: DDR2 many be very hard to search now. You may have to you different part # as shown on the following link:
and the good news is HP Srore stock new part, you can buy from there
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.