cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
colin23erk Tutor
Tutor
19 11 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

memory too small

HP Stream 11 32GB Windows 10
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Stream 11 with 32 GB hard drive preinstalled with Windows 10 - when Windows 10 tries to upgrade it fails -- There is insufficient memory available

--- I have very few programs and data but  Windows is using nearly all the 28GB  is there any way I can free up memory  

I have tried a new install of windows 10 but Windows soon used up any memory gains this created 

I feel that  32GB is "not fit for the purpose " of running and keeping Windows 10 fully updated ?

Colin 

A good picture is worth a Thousand Words
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,065 17,589 1,281 1,919
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

memory too small

Hi! @colin23erk, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that on your stream 11 tablet when are trying to upgrade to windows 10 it is failing with error- Insufficient memory available.

Please try the steps mentioned below.

Start/Desktop button, left-click, and choose System--->Advanced system settings--->Advanced--->Settings--->Advanced.
Make sure Programs is dotted, and then click Change. On next window, choose "Custom size." Set minimum to around 2500 and maximum to about 3000. Click "Set," "OK," Apply, "OK," "OK," and X out of System page.

Create a factory recovery drive and when finished you will have the option to remove the factory recovery partition.
Thus freeing up several GB of disk space.
Also, the recovery drive itself will give you the option to always return the PC back to factory setting.

Please delete all the temporary files which are not required.

Search for Disk cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.
Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
Select OK.
If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:
In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
Select OK.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation