cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Copier-Guy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

memory upgrade with access issue

AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6, 10 Com
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to top off my new HP AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G laptop board with a mem upgrade from 6gb to 12gb or 16gb with better speed, without going nuts. However, unlike my old & dead HP dv7 which was quite accessible to most of the parts, including a 2nd empty HD bay which worked great, Crucial warned when I allowed them to look at my system for potential upgrade of the system memory, one of the chips is underneath a component that needs removing to access the 2nd chip.

I have used Diskeeper on all of my systems for several years to good advantage of keeping drives defragged better than Microsoft's Defrag. The newer does some I/O management to assist faster management tasks such as moving or copying data from old drives to the new systems.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
77,369 76,781 9,427 20,391
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, I can spend no more than 5 mins to add/replace RAM or to swap HDD on older machines but for new design, this may take hours to do. Now my question: what is your machine ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Copier-Guy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Access is the big problem. Is there a REAL "experienced" user manual in PDF available. If I look at it, and appears too scary I would flee to someone more experienced. I do not have the $ I used to have to hire someone.

I so not do any exotic games, but do a lot of data manipulation which often grows to syncing large amounts to more easily managed areas. Using Explorer a lot can really bog things down if good amounts of sys memory is not available. On this system I want to load it up to max speed & amount of memory. Any new HD is WD Black, but the 1tb is a new experience to me.

Thanks for the interest; I would really like some info if it is available.:smileyhappy:

Here is my system:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
Other OS Description  Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name HP-JK
System Manufacturer HP
System Model HP Notebook
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU P1A53UA#ABA
Processor AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 1900 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F.14, 12/8/2015
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 24.19
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10586.0"

================================================

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation