cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dragonfly7 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

micro sd card not recognized

spectre x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I Have installed a Samsung EVO select 128 GB microSDXC card in my spectre x2, but it does not recognise the new memory in file manager or storage.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
3,486 2,755 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

micro sd card not recognized

Welcome @dragonfly7! You have come to the right place to ask questions! I will do my absolute best to help you find a resolution to the SD Card not working in your Notebook. 

I found some documentation for you that may be helpful. There is a document from HP called Using and Troubleshooting Memory Card Readers

Card reader drivers can become corrupted or stop functioning correctly, and new drivers and firmware are occasionally released to address issues. 

Have you tried to use the HP Support Assistant to ensure that all of your drivers are updated?

Have you done your Windows Updates?

Have you tried to run the Microsoft Hardware Troubleshooter? If not, please try:

• Search for Troubleshooting
  • Click on Troubleshooting
  • Select Hardware and Sound
  • Select Hardware and Devices
  • Click Next
  • Follow the instructions.  

Have you tried to uninstall the SD card reader from the Device Manager? If not, please try that and then restart your Notebook twice. 

Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?).

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation