Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
brimcgee Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

microsoft office product key

HP Realtree Camo Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the special edition HP 15-ay070wm 15.6" Realtree Xtra Camo Laptop from Wal-Mart, and it has a trial of Microsoft Office on there, but its asking for the product key. The other laptops I bought from HP always had the key on the bottom, or in the manual, but its not there. Any ideas where I can find it or contact somebody to get me one without having to pay?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
21001 1766 6668
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

microsoft office product key

@brimcgee

@brimcgee wrote:

I bought the special edition HP 15-ay070wm 15.6" Realtree Xtra Camo Laptop from Wal-Mart, and it has a trial of Microsoft Office on there, but its asking for the product key. The other laptops I bought from HP always had the key on the bottom, or in the manual, but its not there. Any ideas where I can find it or contact somebody to get me one without having to pay?

You have to pay for Microsoft Office.  "Trial" software is not purchased software.

For whatever reason, the "trial" software on your system wants the key now.

You can get a Trial copy of Office 365 from Microsoft to use for a month:

Try Office 365 for free

You can purchase Office products direct from Microsoft Office

• Microsoft would like you to subscribe to Office 365 -- for many people, this is a viable option.
  • You can also still purchase an "owned" copy of Office (for example Office Home and Student) that provides some of the "favorite" features of the Office Suite collection.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

If you want a privately owned copy providing the more complete Office Suite, you might opt for Microsoft Home and Business 2016

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

IF you want free Office style software, you can perhaps make good use of:

LibreOffice

LibreOffice is popular, it works, and lots of people like it just fine as an "Office" software.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation