cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

missing drivers after update

Example: Pavilion dv9720us
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion dv9720us that came with Vista installed.  I upgraded to Windows 7 several years ago.  I now have udpgraded to Windows 10 with minor hitches.  I have re-installed the video driver, Audio driver and all others I can find. 

I have no sound.  When looking at  the device drivers, I find three error messages:

Base System Device with a hardware ID of PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_12

Base System Device with a hardware ID of PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_12

Coprocessor with a hardware ID of PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2 

Can you help me with the proper drivers?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
114,767 104,945 16,564 25,413
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi:

You need these drivers...

Base System Devices:

This package contains the driver for the Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader for the supported notebook models and operating systems.

File name: sp37726.exe

CoProcessor:  You may need to manually install this driver if the auto install doesn't work.

This package provides the driver for the NVIDIA nForce AR Chipset in the supported notebook models and operating systems.

File name: sp37730.exe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for the quick response.

Both of the Base system errors on device manager are gone.

The coprocessor error is still there but the hardware ID is different:  PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&REV_A2

The device manager shows that the nVidea driver is installed and the display seems ok. 

I still have no sound, but I'm encouraged as we are making progress.  I did try to update the Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 and received the message that a newer version had been installed.

Just FYI:  These are the drivers I have installed:  38202 (HP Update), 38081 (?), 37730 (nVidia), 37726 (card reader), 40170 Audio), 52477 (Bios update), 37065 (Synaptics Touch Pad), 38361 (HP Quick Play). 

I see drivers for 40139 (Quick Launch), 38358 (HP Quick update), 42635 (nVidea chip), 37725 (Modem) and 38874 (HP Software update) that I have not installed but seem to be installed by Windows.

Thanks again for your help and quick response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're very welcome.

I would not install any drivers that windows has installed if the devices are working.

Did you try manually installing the Nvidia chipset driver as I suggested?  That is the only driver that is going to work, so you should try by every means to get it installed.

The easist thing to try first is this...

Go to the device manager and click on the coprocessor device needing drivers.  Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp37730.  Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

I know that the driver works by using the above method, through Windows 81.   I don't know if it will work on W10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Success.  Thank you.  I must not have been installing the driver properly.

Now if I can get the sound back, life would be good.  Any suggestions?  I tried manually installing the audio driver and windows says it's installed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're very welcome.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to think way 'outside of the box' on that one...

Here is my suggestion...

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Sound, Video and Game Controllers device category.

Right click on the Conexant Audio device and select Uninstall.  Also check the Uninstall driver box.

Reboot and install the newer Vista audio driver from your notebook's support and driver page.

This package contains the driver for the Conexant High-Definition SmartAMC Audio Chip in the supported notebook models and operating systems.

File name: sp40170.exe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No success with the sound but I really appreciate the time you took with me and we did solve almost all of the issues.

Thanks again.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're very welcome, John.

Sorry that didn't work either.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation