Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

missing media transfer protocol driver

HP Recommended
15ac122tu
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hii..

I could not connect my mobile to my laptop for transferring data ,

It shows MTP is not available or not working properly.

what should i do ?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,489
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ansar5

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂  I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to connect any android device to the computer. I’d love to help!

Have you tried connecting your phone to other USB ports like USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 (if available)? Also, are other devices working when connected to the USB ports?

When you connect using a USB cable most of the devices do not require any driver and should work as plug and play device. 

I recommend you to download the windows 8.1 drivers for the android device from the manufacturer website and install it and this should take care of the issue.

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation