Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (318 Views)

my HP Photosmart C309a series printer has stopped working,

the front panel is asking me to remove a USB device, but no such device is attached, also a wireless network test report tells me wireless working FAIL.

I cannot proceed with any actions until i remove the USB device which does not exist    help?

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Message 2 of 2 (293 Views)

Re: my HP Photosmart C309a series printer has stopped working,

[ Edited ]

The PDF format manual for a HP 309a can be found here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01659847.pdf it is quite large 27.44 meg.

You mentioned Wireless. Do you have the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable and also have the printer connected to a router with a ethernet cable thru the RJ45 plug on the printer.

Most network printers I have had dealings with are connected to the wireless network router thru the RJ45 plug and have wireless activated thru the control panel on the printer. They do not use a USB cable. If memory serves you also do a different install procedure when using USB or Ethernet. Hopefully the manual will help you sort it out. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation