Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Simple Fix!

Same problem here (HP Probook 4545s) after receiving  latest Microsoft updates (have not upgraded to Windows 10), and I fixed it by restarting laptop! :Surprise:

HP Recommended

THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, in the brightness bar if i put it in 0 it would go all the way bright and if I put it in 100 it would go all the way black. Also, every time I plugged or unplugged the charging cord it would go black a few secs.

HOW DID YOU FIX IT?

Please answer.

Thanks. 

HP Recommended
Hey guys or gals... Issue with Windows 10 update.. Brightness buttons reversed on my 😛 15 laptop... after up load.. Something to think about .. Simple fix but why ? ...
HP Recommended

yes, it actually worked for me.

i own  hp 15r036TU. the decrease brightness button actually results in reverse if charging is on.

i admit its wierd but still thanks for support.

Spoiler
:generic:
Spoiler
🙂 🙂
HP Recommended

To everyone who is having the black screen for a few seconds when the charger is plug and also when unplugged. 

To fix this proble you have to enable virtualization in the bios. The steps are provided in the video below. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wa7TGjmn5M

As soon as you do this the problem will be fixed. You could check this by going into task manage -- Perfomance -- and there will VIrtualization on the bottom right of the window. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.