cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sgava Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my cpu do not go above 0.78ghz

hp envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, suddenly my pc became slower than normal, on my "benchmark" videogame my fps drop from 65-70 to 10-15,  pc-switch-on time get from less than 20 seconds to over 2 minutes.
I tried to run cpu manager and i've noticed that cpu usage did not exceed 30% and processor frequency seem to be stucked to 0.78 GHz  (2.0 to 2.6ghz i7 processor). 

Looking  other forums i've read a post of a person that had my same problem (but different pc) and the common answer he gets is that he a had to shut off a "slow mode" pressing fn+f11 wich does not work on mine pc, and searching for this so called "slow mode" i did not find anything.

my energy saving setup is pointed on performance (100% usage of cpu with ac adapter)

I have Hp envy 15 k111 with  i7-4510u  and run windows 10  64 bit.

after  some tests i've found that when i'm using battery the cpu goes at 2.0 GHz, but when i'm using ac adapter the cpu seems to be locked at 30% of max speed (0.78 GHz)

Please help me with any kind of advice!!! 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my cpu do not go above 0.78ghz

Hi@Sgava,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

PC working slow. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

I recommend you 2 steps to help you fix the issue.

Use the link below to perform the diagnostics on the PC and check if that results in any hardware error.

http://hp.care/2dN2T8b

If all tests pass, then follow the steps from the link below and check if that resolves the performance issue.

http://hp.care/2bBzk8O

Hope this helps. Kindly update the status.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation