cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bishal_73
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

my fan keeps on running, just bought it today

HP Recommended

Hi, I just bought the new HP laptop but its fan keeps on running even if when i am not working on it. Is it normal or I have to do some settings? Thankx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jolly_Rogers
Level 7
Level 7
653 67 57 25
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

You can navigate to BIOS screen by tapping on F10 key immediately after you power on the unit.

You can get into BIOS and choose the option to Disable the "Fan always ON", and this should resolve the issue.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
Maverick_Nik
Level 5
Level 5
226 108 21 36
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please explain the issue in more detail.

I am an HP employee.

Jolly_Rogers
Level 7
Level 7
653 67 57 25
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

You can navigate to BIOS screen by tapping on F10 key immediately after you power on the unit.

You can get into BIOS and choose the option to Disable the "Fan always ON", and this should resolve the issue.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

_Raj
Level 4
Level 4
97 25 3 5
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you update the model details of the laptop i should be able to help you.

In some scenarios updating BIOS will resolve the issue.

But few might come under manufacturing defects which we call as DOA. (Dead on Arrival)

Please share the model number of the laptop so that we can proceed further

Cheers !

I'm an HP Employee.
The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left if my post helped you.
bishal_73
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thankx its done. wasnt too hard lol... cheers

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation