Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
im buy hp pavilion g4 laptop 1 year ago with OS windows8 pro but last day suddnly when im start my laptop screen black OS won't boot
"fan running,caps lock blinking evry 2 sec wi-fi/network still orange,dvd drive working,battry charging but my laptop still black screen OS not boot im try power resiting..but not work im vry taired bcoz dis pliz help me sir
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi ,

welcome to HP support forums

you face a problem with your BIOS

this link must help you

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

please click on accept as a solution if this helped you

Mark Th. Antonio
Faculty Of Engineering Alexandria University
HP Recommended
Dears I have the same problem is it a issue with this laptop
HP Recommended

Hi there @sherifahmed 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

Are you also getting a repeating pattern of flashing LEDs when you start up the notebook? If so how many are in the pattern before it repeats?

Also, please post the full product number and verify the operating system in use on your notebook. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks for getting back to me
actually I'm trying to press on the power bottom and it gives me the white led flash a once a time by each time I press the bottom.
But it never starts
I dont remember my windows version but I think it win 64 bit
And my laptop
HP Recommended

Pavilion g4-2191se
Sr Content removed by Moderator
pn b6x40ea#abv

Thx
Sherif

HP Recommended

@sherifahmed 

I am not clear as to whether you mean you are getting a repeating pattern of one flash when you start up, or if it is just one flash period.

If it is the repeating pattern work through this linked process, however if it is a repeating pattern of one, that would indicate a CPU problem, and for that normally you would be looking at a board replacement.

HP Notebook PCs - Computer does not start and the LEDs blink or the computer beeps

If that is your situation, and you wish to replace the board, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

If it is the second one, then try out these two:

HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boo...

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

Let me know what you find, or if it is resolved.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I encountered a similar problem, however, there weren't any blinking LEDs and my system booted successfully after dusting.   While running Windows Update, I noticed that the fan isn't working contributing to the buildup 

of dust.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.