Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dilkhush Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my hp pavilion laptop purchase before few days before diwali in 2016 its start slowdown and hang

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi 

i get my pavillion on diwali this year now its slow down and freezes after some days  its i3 and hp pavilion laptop of 2016.  its 1 terabite  space but no separate disk d or alse only  one cdrive which carrying  window  even basic function not work many time

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
109 109 10 14
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my hp pavilion laptop purchase before few days before diwali in 2016 its start slowdown and hang

hi 

There’s a variety of steps you can take to improve performance on your computer and make it run faster. First off, I would recommend checking your hard drive space – you should have at least 15% free space available, preferably more for best performance. If you have a lot of large media files (movies, photos, music) stored on your hard drive, moving those to an external hard drive can help speed things up. Also empty your recycle bin to free up space. Here are some other tips:

• Update software and drivers using HP Support Assistant and Windows Update
  • Update the BIOS
  • Defragment the hard drive (do NOT defrag if your computer has a solid state drive [SSD], because this can damage it)
  • Run a virus scan and remove viruses/spyware
  • Close any apps you aren’t actively using, and try not to leave a lot of things open at once
  • Use Task Manager to identify what is using the most system resources
  • Clean the computer fans and vents to reduce heat
  • Upgrade memory

These solutions are explained in detail, along with other helpful suggestions, in the following documents:

Computer Is Slow (Windows 10) - http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04770630

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

r-K

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation