Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mukesh_jain Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my hp pavillion laptop is updated to 8.1 windows and is not connected to my wireless connection

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

after update to windows8.1 my laptop is not connecting to wireless connection, everytime i have to reset my router and it get connected, next time again it show no wireless network,please help.

thnks

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my hp pavillion laptop is updated to 8.1 windows and is not connected to my wireless connection

Hi @mukesh_jain,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you. With the Wireless turning off and on. Here is a link to the troubleshooting the Wireless connection, if you need it.

This has helped others as well, go into your power options.

Select Balanced and click Change plan settings.
Click Change advanced power settings.
Look for Wireless adapter, click it. Change the setting to never go to sleep.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you have.

Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as Accept as Solution to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below.

Thanks. 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no 'balance'option.

Only options are-
HP recommended
Power saver
High performance

And in all these option wireless adptor setting have only 1option that is- power saving mode.
Plz help.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @mukesh_jain,

Is this the original hardware?

Removing and reinstalling the wireless network adapter driver can clear registry values and reset configurations in Step 3 in the above troubleshooting should help.

Hp recommended is the balanced settings. Try checking this out for other options.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes its original.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @mukesh_jain,

What happened when the Software and drivers were uninstalled in the Device Manager?

What about the troubleshooting and errors?

Here is a Refresh that works great for Windows.

Please read all the document first.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

please tell me do this device support window 10?if i update this one to window 10 will it work properly?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation